Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My Jar Of Hearts

So tonight is about a silly word called Strength. 
 

My friend Anna from Choir has been hounding me
all summer about trying out for The Voice, a popular
singing show in the United States. However, I was going
to be in New York on the try out date. Well, I'm no
longer going to New York until Christmas. So guess
who will be around this month? This girl.

I'm always constantly singing. But as you grow, so does
your voice and I can always pinpoint when my voice is
in an awkward stage or outta shape. Yes, your voice is a
skill that must be practiced, regularly. So when looking
into trying out, I was beyond hesitant.

I mean, I'm a 16 year old girl, and yes I can sing...but I
truly doubt I have the voice of an angel. I knew I needed
a bit of advice. I could have easily posted on my personal
facebook however that would lead to scoffing and empty
disappointment. I instead enlisted the help of my formspring
followers who always tell me to follow my heart.

And tonight is about strength. So I figured, hey! If I can find
a few songs suited for my voice then YES I CAN. I can do this!
In one week? Sure. Right now anything is possible!

As I type this, I listen to a very strengthening song called Jar Of Hearts. 
And I honestly think I broke the repeat button on this song. However,
after going through a over-whelming day filled with boxes of deceiving
hair dye, and drama filled girls, I've had just about enough. So now,
you can find me sitting here listening to this haunting tune. Why?
Because, I've learned to live half alive...


Don't most of us live that way? 




Why do we never live fully?




~Anchors Aweigh~ 




Ashleigh. xoxo.


PS: Have Strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment